Welcome to I Bike, as with any new job, there is always so much to absorb we hope this guide will introduce the essential elements and provide an easy reference guide to lead you through the initial first weeks and months in your new role.
What do you need to know?
The first day will no doubt be a whirlwind, meeting various people across the team and wider office and completing a variety of induction paperwork. You should hopefully also receive a laptop, phone and any other equipment or clothing which has been arranged in advance for you.
By the end of your first week(s) you should have achieved/completed;
- Induction paperwork including Lloyds Purchase Card request
- Introduction to your Local Authority contacts
- Made contact or been introduced to other officers within your regional team
- Spent at least a day or more shadowing one of the I Bike Team
- Received a list of schools targeted for engagement and identified where they are, who the main contacts might be and if possible arranged initial meetings for the coming weeks.
|1||In term time, set aside a day for admin tasks, which are listed in the admin section of the starters guide.|
|2||Take time to get an understanding of the project, scope, and aims. Each area and school are different, so they will all need slightly different approaches.|
|3||Know your limitations when it comes to delivery of sessions, many of the activities require a substantial amount of prep/time for logistics, so focus on quality over quantity.|
|4||If in any doubts, ask a fellow I Bike Officer or your Line Manager (no query it too silly)|
|5||Update your Sustrans Profile with your picture. You can seen download info on how to do this below.|